Our Commitment to Safety
The safety of our customers and employees is Avanti’s top priority. We are closely monitoring the information provided on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking actions based on guidance from public health experts.
We are sure many of you have specific questions about what Avanti’s is doing to protect our customers and employees from the virus. We want to share what we are doing to keep everyone as safe as possible:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing in all stores. This includes cleaning and sanitizing multiple times per day and the use of disinfectant sanitizers on commonly touched objects such as door handles, counters, tables, chairs, registers, credit card machines, equipment, etc.
- We are closely following the Center for Disease Control, National Restaurant Association and local health organizations guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- Face coverings and 6 foot social distancing is required for customers entering our facility.
- Face coverings and gloves are mandatory while serving customers and preparing food.
- Face coverings and gloves are mandatory for anyone who enters our facility when 6 foot social distancing is not possible.
- We have and will continue to share specific instructions with our staff on cleaning, washing hands and staying at home if they are sick. This is common practice among our company!
- We have the quantity of sanitizers and food-friendly disinfectants throughout our locations and stations.
- Team members are carefully assessing their health before and throughout each workday. Any sign of fever, cough, swollen glands or other symptoms of illness will be addressed immediately.
- Employees who miss work due to illness must have a written doctor’s release to return to work
- If a member of our staff was determined to not be exposed, they will be cleared to return to work.
Many of you have become part of our family over the past 49 years and we consider you family and friends. Please know we will be here to serve whether it is dine-in, carry out, delivery or catering. We will continue to respond to the latest on COVID-19 with employee and customer safety top-of- mind. Our team is continually monitoring the situation.
Currently and thru May 31st Avanti’s of Bloomington-Normal will cease all dine in operations. Carry out and delivery will be available with the following stipulations.
- Recommend Credit card payment to all our Customers through our online ordering or over the phone.
- Deliveries will have a no contact option; our drivers will call upon arrival and place orders outside the entrance of a home or business.
- Carryout Walk-in orders will still be available.
- Carryout will offer curbside pick up. Customer should park in designated area and call with parking spot number.
- Birthday club members will be honored the discount for carryout/delivery OR we will honor all May birthday's through June. Leaving the option up to the customer.
- The general public will be strictly prohibited to our Carry Out areas. They will not be allowed to use pass the Carry Out counter. (i.e. use the restrooms)
- Only employees and authorized service personnel will be allowed to enter our facility.
Because this is a rapidly changing situation, we are staying informed through updates from the following official sources:
Rich Zeller and Marcus Zeller
5/8/2020 8:42:47 PM