Our Commitment to Safety
Our dining room will remain closed at this time. The majority of our business is carryout and delivery and we will focus on continuing to serve our customers efficiently with those services, including curbside pick up. Our dining room will open in the near future. We are preparing for the additional restrictions to ensure safety for our guests and staff. We will post a date soon for opening the dining rooms and banquet room. We thank you for your patience and greatly appreciate your continued loyalty!
The safety of our customers and employees is Avanti’s top priority. We are closely monitoring the information provided on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking actions based on guidance from public health experts.
We are sure many of you have specific questions about what Avanti’s is doing to protect our customers and employees from the virus. We want to share what we are doing to keep everyone as safe as possible:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing in all stores. This includes cleaning and sanitizing multiple times per day and the use of disinfectant sanitizers on commonly touched objects such as door handles, counters, tables, chairs, registers, credit card machines, equipment, etc.
- We are closely following the Center for Disease Control, National Restaurant Association and local health organizations guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- Face coverings and 6 foot social distancing is required for customers entering our facility.
- Face coverings and gloves are mandatory while serving customers and preparing food.
- Face coverings and gloves are mandatory for anyone who enters our facility when 6 foot social distancing is not possible.
- We have and will continue to share specific instructions with our staff on cleaning, washing hands and staying at home if they are sick. This is common practice among our company!
- We have the quantity of sanitizers and food-friendly disinfectants throughout our locations and stations.
- Team members are carefully assessing their health before and throughout each workday. Any sign of fever, cough, swollen glands or other symptoms of illness will be addressed immediately.
- Employees who miss work due to illness must have a written doctor’s release to return to work
- If a member of our staff was determined to not be exposed, they will be cleared to return to work.
Many of you have become part of our family over the past 49 years and we consider you family and friends. Please know we will be here to serve whether it is dine-in, carry out, delivery or catering. We will continue to respond to the latest on COVID-19 with employee and customer safety top-of- mind. Our team is continually monitoring the situation.
Because this is a rapidly changing situation, we are staying informed through updates from the following official sources:
Rich Zeller and Marcus Zeller
6/25/2020 6:43:55 PM